Iowa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Iowa roads in certain parts of the state still offer some sweeping curves and hilly drives, making the Hawkeye State a very poplar destination for motorcyclists of all ages. Motorcycle accidents in Iowa can occur in a variety of different settings—from high-traffic highways to low-traffic intersections—as the result of any one of a number of possible causes.
Motorcyclists are frequently susceptible to very severe injuries, some of which can have fatal results. Families in these types of cases are understandably overwhelmed by the sudden and unexpected death of a loved one, and the need to take legal action is not considered a priority.
Need an Injury Lawyer Iowa assists victims of motorcycle crashes and their families by conducting independent investigations and holding negligent parties accountable. We represent individuals in communities throughout Black Hawk County, Polk County, Linn County, Scott County, Johnson County, Woodbury County, and several other nearby areas.
Types of Iowa Motorcycle Accidents
One reason it is critical for a victim in any motorcycle crash to immediately retain legal counsel is so an experienced personal injury can handle all conversations with the negligent party or his or her insurance company. Insurers will be looking to get victims to make seemingly innocent statements that are later used to indicate they accepted some degree or responsibility or were entirely at fault.
Need an Injury Lawyer Iowa handles a wide variety of different motorcycle accident cases, including ones involving such common causes as:
- Drunk Driving Accidents — Operating while intoxicated (known as OWI in Iowa, but referred to as DWI or DUI in many other jurisdictions) is a criminal offense and a driver who is convicted is generally presumed to be legally negligent for a motorcyclist’s injuries.
- Left Turn Accidents — Either as the result of impatience or misjudgment, many motorists turn left in front of oncoming motorcycles and leave cyclists completely powerless to avoid collisions.
- Rear-End Accidents — When a full-size automobile strikes a motorcycle from behind, even low-speed impact can throw a motorcyclist several feet from his or her bike.
- Lane Change Accidents — Motorcyclists may be trickier for some drivers to spot when they are traveling in the same direction and the motorist fails to check his or her blind spots before changing lanes—frequently at high speeds.
- Dooring” Accidents — Similar to the danger involved in numerous bicycle accidents, occupants of motor vehicles cause motorcycle collisions when they open doors to vehicles without looking.
Arkansas Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Did you sustain catastrophic injuries or was your loved one killed in a motorcycle accident in Iowa caused by another party’s negligence? You will want to contact Need an Injury Lawyer Iowa as soon as possible.
Our firm handles cases in Sioux City, Ames, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Waterloo, Davenport, Des Moines, and many other surrounding areas of the Hawkeye State. We are available 24/7 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation so our experienced personal injury attorneys can provide a complete evaluation of your case.